Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

13 January 2019

Sunday Style!


I actually went back to the Denver Art Museum on Monday to see the Christian Dior show a second time! This time I went with my brother. Also, this time I wasn't so lazy and used an actual camera to take pictures, instead of a cell phone. So all the photos that I was originally going to use for this post were vastly improved upon simply by using a better piece of equipment -- hopefully you'll be better able to see the beautiful details of these incredible frocks. I'll finish up with my Dior pictures next week!
This confection is absolutely my favorite garment in the entire show. I am obsessed with fashions of the 1920s through the mid-1960s, but I also love modern design, of course. This one was created during Raf Simons' 2012-2015 tenure as the creative director of the Christian Dior label. It's exquisite. 
The new creative director for Dior is a woman, Maria Grazia Chiuri. This ethereal, modern gown and the following three garments are some of her work. As you can see, she's taken the label in a less girly, more edgy direction.
The last room in the exhibit was the most breathtaking and contained the biggest variety of styles. Some amazing stuff!
A swing coat featuring the Eiffel Tower, entirely of fur! You know I don't approve of fur at all, but I have to admit that this is pretty damn fabulous.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Quite a number of show stoppers!