Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

18 February 2019

Crazy Runners


I mentioned in Saturday's post how I shot an elopement that required us to hike up a treacherously slippery trail to get to the exact perfect spot for the ceremony. On the way back down, I took these pictures of people running on the same slippery trail. RUNNING. This is a flat stretch, but for the most part Section 16 is at an incline. I think these people are just insane! As I was having an extremely hard time that day keeping my footing even at a very slow, careful pace, I couldn't figure out how the trail wasn't littered with the bodies of all the runners we saw. It wasn't until I got these pictures up on my computer monitor and took a close look at their feet that I noticed they were all wearing chains on their shoes for extra traction. I should have done the same!

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

The same sort of devices are common on shoes here, and you particularly see the evidence in tracks in freshly fallen snow.