Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

16 February 2019

Section 16


I found a new hiking trail! Well technically I knew it existed, I just didn't know where. It's off of Gold Camp Road and it's called Section 16. I had some clients today who were eloping, and this was the place they chose. Unfortunately the trail was almost 100% covered in hard packed snow, extremely slippery, and in places it was basically just a sheet of ice. So it was very treacherous going when you're carrying a big camera bag, as my assistant Joy and I were doing. My clients were dressed casually in jeans and a sweater (her) and a flannel (him), with normal footwear -- that is to say, not hiking shoes. And yet somehow they managed to cruise up the trail for over a mile without too much trouble, arm in arm. Meanwhile, Joy and I were wearing knobby hiking shoes (me) and running shoes with good tread (her), and we were slipping and sliding all over! What a struggle! I think it was because our heavy bags were throwing off our centers of balance drastically. After the brief, casual ceremony, on the way back downhill I did end up slipping and falling twice and twisting my knee, so I'm writing this post from a "feel sorry for me" perspective  😉 Joy unfortunately fell down, too. What a trooper she is! It was so slippery! But I'm not complaining, because I love doing elopements, and because now Pat and I have a new trail to hike (in the summer, please!). I grabbed this shot about halfway back down the trail to our cars. I got a few more pictures too, which I'll show you on Monday and Tuesday.

[2/17/2019 edit: Pat pointed out over breakfast that it's called Section 16, not Section 12. D'oh! Correction made, thanks Pat!]

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Ouch! An impressive landscape, though.