Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

27 February 2019

The Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Museum


Today Pat had to run by the Harley-Davidson dealership to buy some parts for his bike, and I went along for the ride. Unfortunately, I find standing at the parts counter of a Harley-Davidson dealership to be an unexciting experience (doesn't everyone?). On the upside, I found out that there's a motorcycle museum upstairs! Even downstairs on the sales floor, if you just look up you'll find a some old motorbikes on display, like the first and second ones in this post. So while Pat did his thing, I wandered through and admired all the (very) cool old bikes they had up there. You don't have to be a customer to visit this museum, just go anytime the dealership is open. What a cool find!
A 1948 Harley 74 cubic inch Model UL.
With apologies to Harley enthusiasts, when it comes to old bikes I prefer Indians. I think they're gorgeous. I also prefer British café racer style motorcycles like BSAs and Triumphs. They have all of the above at this museum.
A 1914 Indian Twin.
There's no entrance fee to the museum, but since it's not for profit, there's a box for you to drop in a donation.

1 comment: