Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

20 March 2019

The Trespasser


Sunday was a beautiful day with bright blue skies, the perfect foil for this bright white building in Old Colorado City. As I was taking pictures of it, I noticed a man approaching out of the corner of my eye, and I could almost feel his indecision as he hesitated a split second, wondering if he should wait for me to take my picture or just go for it. I learned long ago that most people will walk in front of my lens instead of waiting, and he was no different (at least he had the decency to run, though 😉). I have to admit that, although I'm used to it, sometimes it's irritating when that happens because it can ruin a shot. But this time it turned out to be a plus. I deliberately waited until he was at the perfect spot and captured him mid-stride. My lens was trained on the building so he's slightly out of focus, which adds to the feeling that he was intruding on my process.

The image below shows what I originally intended to capture. I had just taken this photo and then zoomed in the lens to get a tighter shot of the building without the sky when the above vignette happened. I like both photos. I think the one above would have been a stronger image if I had framed it this way instead of so tightly, but I still like it.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

I like both takes.