Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

19 June 2019

A Very Large Rocking Chair


This 21 foot high rocking chair lives in tiny Penrose (about 35 minutes south of us on Highway 115) in front of a now shuttered restaurant called the Apple Shed. Built in 1990 by a man in Security, part of the Colorado Springs metro area, for a time it was the record holder for the world's largest rocking chair. Funny story: when Pat and I first started dating, he was working in the construction business. His company's office was in the Security/Fountain area, and this chair sat in front of their building. I have no idea why the World's Largest Rocking Chair was displayed in front of Jerry's Roofing, but I always thought it was funny. Eventually Jerry retired and the chair ended up in Penrose somehow. Alas, it is no longer the world's largest. That honor was bestowed upon a truly gargantuan rocker in Illinois in 2015.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Very big!

Linda said...

It's fun to see things like this.