Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

18 August 2019

Sunday Style!


It's rare for me to feature one of my brides on this blog, but Taryn was such a style maverick that I thought she deserved to be seen! She didn't want to wear a traditional white gown, and since she's an extremely skilled beadworker (she owns White Rabbit Beads in Old Colorado City), Taryn decided to take things into her own hands. The bodice of this two piece ensemble is a 1980 Mary McFadden piece that she found in a vintage store, and the matching skirt was created by a seamstress friend. The bodice had existing beading, which Taryn enhanced with yet more meticulous hand work. At the same time, the existing zipper in the back was replaced with corset lacing and the sleeves were removed. Taryn added dramatic lace panels to the skirt, front and back, and again applied countless beads by hand. The whole process took many months. I couldn't wait to see Taryn in it, and I thought she looked SPECTACULAR on her big day. Oh and she wore mint green platform Converse under the dress, isn't that awesome? She also opted out of carrying a bouquet, and instead wore colorful corsages on both wrists. All told, this wedding was unique and creative. If you'd like to see more of it you can catch it on Facebook HERE or on my professional blog HERE.

(One more thing -- I like to give credit where credit is due: the photo at the top of this post was taken by my second photographer, Steve, who was filling in for Joy that day. Nice shot, Steve!)


2 comments:

William Kendall said...

She really stands out!

JudithK said...

Such bead work on the closeup. And the tennis shoes are stunning, Ha.