Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

16 October 2019

Green and Gold


Pat and I went to Guanella Pass on Sunday, looking for fall color. Unfortunately, last week's temporary but extremely abrupt drop in temperature did a number on fall. Most of our deciduous trees seem to have gone straight from green to brown, skipping the gold part of the process. This was mostly the case on Guanella Pass, too. We did manage to find a handful of golden aspen, and at just the right time of day, but I guess that's it for this year, as far as "tree peeping" goes.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A pretty view!

JudithK said...

Oh, nothing like them in the fall. Glad you found some at last. This has been a lovely series of photos. Thanks.
(I remember in CO trying to cook canned tamales over sterno at 10,000 feet when I was much younger. Interesting.) You were way high up there! Way past the treeline!