Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

04 January 2020

Ciao for Now, Wooglin's


This sad looking empty lot is where one of my favorite restaurants, Wooglin's Deli, stood until recently. Wooglin's had inhabited their circa 1930s building since the late 1980s and it's safe to say they were a local institution. It's too bad that CC decided that it needed a new ice arena and this was the spot they chose. Ugh! The school sometimes has the unfortunate habit of tearing down old buildings whenever they decide they want to change things around, and since they have more money than common sense, many favorites have bitten the dust over the years. The college just happens to own a big chunk of Near North End real estate, so they can do whatever they want with it, public outcry be damned. Grrr! This one really hurt!

The good news is that CC promised that Wooglin's and the other small businesses that occupied this building will get new homes as soon as the dust clears. In the meantime, you can still get your Wooglin's fix because in anticipation of being closed down, they recently opened a new location at 4750 Barnes Road. When they return to the Near North End, the Barnes Road location will remain open as well, so there will be two locations.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

At least there is a positive outcome.