Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

25 March 2020

It's Still There


I've made a concerted effort the last couple of days to get out there and take some pictures, because I figured Governor Polis would lower the boom on Colorado any time and basically confine us to our homes. That in fact happened this afternoon, so the pictures I took in the Garden of the Gods yesterday will come in handy over the next few days!

This is all so stressful. I'm sure you're feeling at least some anxiety about the Coronavirus too, and depending on where you are, you're experiencing anything from social distancing to the full on shutdown of your city, your state or province, or maybe even your entire country. My drive through the Garden of the Gods yesterday was emotionally reassuring. No matter how weird things may get, the Garden of the Gods is still there and just as beautiful as ever.

2 comments:

JudithK said...

"Sheltering in place" or staying at home all the time except for essential trips to the grocery will be hard. Still, surely you can go out for walks? Nothing has been put in place in Texas, but as an old person, I've "sheltered in place" for the last week.
I'm glad you got out for a drive just in time. Stay safe. And wash your hands. And thanks for posting.

William Kendall said...

There are a lot of restrictions here and many places are closed. Beautiful shot!