Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

28 November 2020

Love Locks


The footbridge over Cache la Poudre Street is sporting a few "love locks" lately, probably inspired by the famous Pont des Arts in Paris. There are only a handful. The idea doesn't seem to have taken off and frankly I wouldn't want to see this bridge covered in locks, romantic as that may seem. There are compelling reasons why it's a bad idea. I like the bridge just fine without locks on it.

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

We have a few bridges like this one with one or two locks. Probably not as romantic as in Paris.

Bob Crowe said...

I've seen them in other surprising places. Parts of the Brooklyn Bridge were covered with then the last time I walked across it. I'm sure you understand how the weicht can cause structural problems.

William Kendall said...

One of our bridges here seems to attract them. I find them an eye sore.