Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

02 January 2021

Revisiting the Watermelon House


Christmas day was gorgeous and sunny, so Pat and I decided to take a drive. It's been quite a while since we've sought out the Watermelon House, which is located on a country road between Colorado Springs and Pueblo. We don't know who it belongs to, if they live in it or use it for storage or a studio of some sort, or whose fun idea it was to make a house that looks like a watermelon in the first place. It's all just a quirky and delightful mystery! We were tickled to find it decorated in the Christmas spirit. Very festive!

On a related side note, many years ago Pat directed me in a music video homage to Tom Waits featuring the song "Hang on St. Christopher," and the Watermelon House comes in at the end. It was all just for fun. I'm the main character, playing the part of a homeless man. Pat makes a cameo as a mean police officer, my brother Chuck is a bad guy who punches me out and steals my wallet, and our beloved (now dearly departed) cat Pancho makes a brief appearance in the campfire scene, filmed in our backyard. I'll add the video at the bottom of this post. If nothing else it's entertaining!

And now, for your viewing and listening pleasure...


3 comments:

Rockinon said...

What a neat idea. One could make playhouses for children inspired by this idea. But the playhouses would, of course, be small and easily assembled. Someone was really imaginative when they built this place.

Tamera said...

I agree!

William Kendall said...

It looks peculiar.