Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

04 March 2021

A Slightly Different View, and Not in a Good Way

I took this picture of our famous vista on October 25th, 2019. The view has changed since then. What's different, you ask? They are building a new visitor center atop Pikes Peak, and it's so big you can actually see it with the naked eye. There's always been a building on the summit but you couldn't see it from down here. I suppose if you looked very, very closely, you could just barely identify the roofline peeking ever so slightly above the summit, but you really had to be trying. And that was just fine with me. Look at this picture. Do you see a structure? No? That's how it should be, but alas, things change. If you check out THIS blog post from a couple of weeks ago or THIS one from December, you can spot the new visitors center if you know where to look. You can really see it in THIS shot. Needless to say, I find this situation very annoying because every time I look at Pikes Peak now, I see a stupid building that should be invisible! It actually sort of ruins the view for me. What a pity they didn't think of this before they broke ground. You're probably now staring at the blog posts I linked to and asking where the heck this building is, so I'll try to get a snapshot of the mountain tomorrow with a high powered lens so you can see what I'm talking about. Then you'll understand why I'm so irritated!

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Always a great view.

William Kendall said...

I can see that being irritating.

Luis Gomez said...

Wonderful view. I always question why we "have to" do this kind of thing.