Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

17 May 2021

Birds of a Feather

I spent most of yesterday afternoon doing a photo shoot at Belmar Park in Lakewood. After my last shoot at Belmar Park, I promised myself I'd bring a long lens next time so I could capture some of birds nesting on the far side of the lake, and I can't believe I actually remembered to do that. Ha. There are several dead trees on the lake that these cormorants have claimed. It's springtime and they're busy roosting -- it sure looks like there'll be a baby boom any day! To be honest I think they look a little ominous up there in those dead trees, especially on such a gloomy day, but I bet their babies are cute. 😊

And now, for your listening pleasure...

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A good perch for them.

JudithK said...

Apparently they don't need to hide their nests!