Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

06 May 2021

Don't Shoot the Messenger

Pat and I drove up Gold Camp road a couple of weeks ago, hoping to see what the water level in Rosemont Reservoir was looking like. We couldn't see it from the road, so we pulled the car over and Pat hiked down from this spot while I waited in the car with the dog. This road is popular with gun enthusiasts. There are many spots to legally do a little recreational target practice, but unfortunately no road sign here is safe. By the way, the reservoir was nearly empty, which is concerning. We know that the Broadmoor has been trying to acquire it. Have they succeeded? Why is there barely any water in it?  I wish I knew the answers to these questions!

You can see Rosemont Reservoir on a much better day HERE.