Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

31 May 2022

Exploring the Denver Botanic Gardens: The Japanese Garden

This is my favorite part of the Denver Botanic Gardens. It was not in its full summer glory yet when I took these pictures a couple of weeks ago, but the Japanese Garden is, for me, worth the drive to Denver on its own.

The water in this pond is treated with a harmless black dye to discourage algae. It has the added benefit of make the water extra reflective.

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice to live so close to the garden like the people in that white building.

Tamera said...

@Stefan I agree! I envy their view! And that neighborhood is wonderful.

JudithK said...

Japanese gardens are the very best I think! Oddly enough, San Antonio Texas has a wonderful one, built against a limestone cliff. Or at least, I assume it still is. Been a long time since I've been.....I had no clue Denver had one too! Thanks.