Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

25 May 2022

Late Spring Snowstorm

Last weekend we got quite a dumping of snow. In my neighborhood it was about six inches, but other parts of town got as much as double that. It wasn't the fluffy, powdery kind but the heavy and wet stuff that's typical this time of year. The weather had gotten hot far too early in May, and it's been extremely windy and bone dry -- no precipitation in ages -- so I did not complain about a few inches of soggy snow and a couple of days of rain (and neither did Frodo, our dog). We needed it. The fire danger has been off the charts, so we all got to breathe easy for at least a few days, anyway. All of these pictures were taken in our backyard, and as you can see, like so many other trees around the city, our silver maple unfortunately lost some large branches.

After several days of dreariness and chill, the sun finally showed itself again this afternoon, and save for the many broken tree limbs still littering the streets, it was as if the snowstorm had never happened.


3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Always a bit of a surprise with so much snow late in the season. But it makes for good photos.

William Kendall said...

Frodo definitely likes it.

JudithK said...

I think the same system finally brought us some much needed rain here in TX. Frodo is pretty cute. And valiant!!