Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

02 February 2023

It's Not Unusual

Does this ever happen in your city? You see this kind of thing all the time around here, because there's a huge Army base on the south end of town. In this case, there were several flatbed train cars transporting a seemingly endless supply of these armored vehicles (whatever they're called). It's also not unusual to see things of this sort being trucked by the dozens down the interstate.

And now, for your listening pleasure...


4 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Teo big naval bases in my area, so I see mostly ships and the odd sub. Never anything like this.

Bob Crowe said...

We have a military airlift command base in the suburbs. Boeing makes some kind of fighter jet at our airport. Nothing on the ground.

William Kendall said...

Our nearest base is a couple hours up the valley. But our national defense headquarters is here, so it's common to see people in uniform.

JudithK said...

Haven't seen desert camo vehicles go through town on the railroad since the early 90's and the Gulf war. Saw a lot of them then....here in central TX. And also, as there is a National Guard base here, there were lots of desert camo soldiers from time to time. Nothing since, thank goodness. I think there wasn't the same thing happening in the Iraq war, but maybe I am getting them mixed up. Nothing like being old.