Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

08 July 2023

Queen Anne's Lace

A post to go with yesterday's. I was intrigued to find what looks like Queen Anne's lace next to a pond on the property where I photographed a wedding yesterday. It's not native to Colorado. In some parts of the US, Queen Anne's lace is considered invasive, but you don't see it around here in the wild or anywhere else, for that matter. I wonder if the homeowner planted it or if it just showed up. It makes a nice garden plant, in my opinion. In fact, last year when I was in Kent, Connecticut (see this short series of posts starting HERE), I grabbed some seeds off a spent Queen Anne's lace plant that was growing in a median and I planted a few this spring. I'm still nurturing those seedlings, which are now a few inches tall. I hope to get them into my garden in a few weeks. Can't wait to see them get established and bloom. Queen Anne's lace reminds me of Ohio, where we briefly lived when I was a child and again when I was an adolescent. It's all over the place there, very common. I've always loved those filigreed white flowers.

2 comments:

JudithK said...

They are lovely. Good luck with your transplants! But they should do well since you've seen some growing in your area. Maybe extra water, depending on how close they were to that pond?

William Kendall said...

Very pretty!