Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 December 2023

December 2023 Theme Day: Local History

It's the first of the month, which means Theme Day for City Daily Photo Bloggers! This month the theme is local history. As a big Colorado Springs history nerd, this is right up my alley. Behold our city's founder, General William Jackson Palmer, who was a Civil War hero, a builder of railroads, a philanthropist, an anglophile, and an all around interesting guy by all accounts. He founded Colorado Springs on July 31, 1871, and here's a little known fact: he founded Manitou Springs, too.

General Palmer's statue sits smack in the middle of the intersection of Platte and Nevada, in front of Palmer High School (the city's first high school), and since some people really cannot wrap their heads around the fact that you should drive around it and not into it, apparently it will soon be moved somewhere away from bad drivers in the near future. Pity -- it's stood in this spot for generations.

For more local history images from CDP bloggers all over the world, click HERE. Enjoy!

No comments: