Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

13 August 2026

Bring on the Hot Rod Rock & Rumble!

Every August the Pikes Peak International Raceway puts on a multi day event called the Hot Rod Rock & Rumble, and it features a vintage car show, tons of rockabilly bands, endless drag racing of said vintage cars, about a zillion food trucks, and last but not least a pin up contest. It's my job to photograph the pin ups and their activities, culminating in the crowning of the new Miss Hot Rod Rock & Rumble on Saturday night, and it's hands down my favorite assignment of the year. Sadly, PPIR has recently announced that they are shutting down in the near future, so this may be the final Hot Rod Rock & Rumble although they've hinted that they hope to continue this event (and others) at another location at some point. So this is bittersweet for sure.

Today I dropped by the track to pick up my press credentials, and while I was there I grabbed this shot of a rare 1961 Galaxie Starliner. When I say Galaxie, I actually mean Ford. They only made this model for two years and I've never seen one before. Isn't it cool? There were lots of folks arriving with their vintage cars and trucks, about a million trailers and RVs queuing up to park for the weekend. This is going to be a great Rumble! More pictures to come I'm sure!

No comments: