Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

24 January 2014

Skywatch Friday


It's winter, and what do Coloradoans do in winter? We ski, of course! Okay I don't ski, and there is a long and tedious story about why I do not, so I won't bore you with it -- but Pat is a great skier and enjoys going out whenever he can. On Monday we went to Copper Mountain, which is just east of Vail and west of Frisco. It was a perfect, sunny day, as you can see. To get to Copper from Colorado Springs, you have to drive over three mountain passes: Ute Pass, Wilkerson Pass, and Hoosier Pass. This is the view once you come over the summit of Wilkerson Pass. It takes my breath away every time.  I never tire of it! The mountain range in the distance is called the Collegiate Peaks. Hoosier Pass takes you over this range to Breckenridge, and from there it's just a hop, skip and a jump to Copper Mountain.  Below, a couple more pictures of our drive; on Saturday and Sunday I'll post a few from Copper and Frisco.

To see more Skywatch Friday photos from bloggers all over the world, please click HERE


These people were hanging out on frozen Lake Dillon (just past Breckenridge). It took me a minute to figure out what they were doing. They were windsurfing on the ice! I've never seen this before. Very cool!

The guy in the background (green arrows) is actually windsurfing and he was moving at a pretty good speed, while the guy in the foreground (pink arrows) is trying to get moving.


5 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Windsurfing, I have never heard of such a thing but it sounds great.

Pat said...

I'd be too chicken, but for some it must be great. I'd take photos of the scenery! ;)

William Kendall said...

I have seen windsurfing on ice done before... not quite my thing.

And I ski, but cross country as opposed to downhill.

Beautiful shots!

Randy said...

I love the view in the first shot.

Halcyon said...

That is pretty cool! But I don't know if I'd do it. :)