Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

20 February 2010

Bumper sticker battle


Today I made a quick trip to the grocery store before going to my studio, and this is what I encountered in the parking lot: a clash of ideologies. This little vignette pretty much sums up Colorado Springs, if not our entire nation. And I thought the election was over. Silly me. We have a reputation of being very conservative here, but in fact both sides of the coin are well represented in this city. Unfortunately it can be very divisive, which wears me out sometimes because nothing ever seems to get done. Interestingly, the west side and downtown (where I live and work) are generally of one political persuasion, while the east and north sides are almost uniformly the opposite -- only the south side seems to be mixed. I wonder if other cities are so sharply delineated geographically when it comes to politics.

2 comments:

Clytie said...

Love the picture! My little town seems to be mixed entirely. But they are too stuck up and snobbish to deface their cars with bumper stickers, so they resort to 'letters to the editor' fights. Snicker. I hate politics.

Lois said...

I have become completely discouraged by politics. It seems no one cares at all if anything gets done. They are too busy trying to win for their side.