Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 January 2014

January 2014 Theme Day: Photo of the Year


Happy New Year! I hope your celebration was fun, and that you're not too hung over to enjoy the first day of 2014! As always, City Daily Photo bloggers worldwide greet the New Year with their favorite/best image of the previous year. In my case, I always have a hard time narrowing it down to just one photo, so I post a few. I don't feel like I took any particularly spectacular pictures for this blog in 2013, but there are a few that I love, mostly for reasons other than "it's a pretty picture". I prefer images that bring back happy memories for me. So here you go, thirteen of my favorites from 2013 (not all of them taken in Colorado Springs, obviously). Enjoy!

To see more Photo of the Year posts from CDP bloggers all over the world, click HERE.














7 comments:

Linda said...

I'm having the same problem but perhaps looking at yours will help me decide.your selections are all first rate. But if you are looking for something more than a typical image that might appear in National Geographic (a high standard to beat but these qualify), and you want originality, I suggest the palm trees with angled clouds or the abandoned TV. The TV has topical symbolism because the Internet is taking it's place, so that one is timely. But that's just my reaction, and I may be weird!

Randy said...

I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite from all of these beautiful shots. I will say that I do love that one of the television.

Jack said...

So many good ones to choose from. I might have picked the backs of the men looking over the wall.

Tamera said...

Jack that one was taken at a drag race! I was outnumbered 10-1 by guys. Ha ha

raf said...

Like your selection, especially the palms and clouds shot and the last shot.
All the best in the New Year!

LOLfromPasa said...

What a wonderful collection! Hard to pick a favorite :).

William Kendall said...

A beautiful collection of shots, Tamera. I'm inclined to prefer that mountain in shadow and sunlight shot in the middle.