Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 May 2018

Stone cold


Pat and I had coffee at Rico's on Sunday morning, and as we were leaving I noticed this note on a car parked in front of the building. At first I thought it was a love note (after all, it's paired with a red rose, albeit a mostly dead one), but when I got home and pulled it up on my computer monitor, I saw that it was a breakup note! Here's what it says:

"Dear CC,

This situation tears me apart for more than one reason. I have chosen to remove myself from the picture. I hope you find what you are looking for. I will cherish the memories we made together."


What in the hell?!? Who breaks up with someone like this, and so publicly? Especially with calligraphy on what looks like handmade paper? Very strange! If it's really a breakup note, this CC person is probably better off if you ask me! Perhaps the writer means Colorado College when they say "CC" -- did they have a crummy time at school? Does this car belong to a CC administrator? I'm dying of curiosity but I guess we'll never know the answer!

And now, for your viewing pleasure, the Sex and the City episode where Berger breaks up with Carrie on a Post-It note. "Read it and weep, my friends!"



Edit: On second reading, to me it almost reads like a suicide note, and I certainly hope that's not what it was! That would be unthinkable!
Edit again: I think I'm being melodramatic. When someone writes "I will cherish..." a future is inferred. Perhaps my overactive imagination needs some sleep 😵

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Wow.

That is....

If CC is a person, they're better off.

There's a line in Before Sunrise that Ethan Hawke says about the person who's broken it off with you, and you're imagining they're in such pain, but really, they're glad to be rid of you.