Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

15 August 2019

The Garden of Eatin'


The Charmaine Nymann Community Garden in Bear Creek Park is overflowing with goodness right now! Just look at all the beautiful vegetables, greens and flowers! I don't know how many plots there are in this garden, but all of them are bursting with deliciousness!
I'm so curious -- I can't think of a reason why anyone would need this much dill! I currently have three dill plants in my garden and they aren't nearly this huge (we planted about 3-4 weeks late this year). Maybe this gardener is planning on making a LOT of pickles.
This person is growing a salad! I want to know what variety of lettuce this is. Mine always bolts in this heat.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

What a lovely place!

JudithK said...

So lush. I don't think of Colorado as being an easy gardening area (too high, or if not, too hot, etc.) but this certainly makes me think differently. How wonderful. Great dirt, ample water, and plenty of tending I guess.
Hope the tree you were worrried about in your back yard has rejuvenated.
Again, thanks for your photos.