Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

25 May 2023

Spring Runoff in Bear Creek, Two Versions

A very quick stop at the Starsmore Center this afternoon resulted in these two images. The top one was a long exposure of a quarter of a second at F:22 (ISO 100), and the bottom one was 1/800 of a second, F:6.3 (ISO 1000). My tripod was stashed at my studio miles away, and I was too lazy to fetch the old rickety backup tripod from the trunk of my car, so I rested my camera on the bridge railing to keep it steady for the long exposure shot. Thankfully there was just SO MUCH WATER and it was rushing so violently that a quarter of a second was plenty long to give the image that silky look. Which shot do you like better?

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

I do prefer the second, but both are very well done.

JudithK said...

I too like the second one. More like what the eye sees.

JudithK said...

P.S. I think the silky look has been done to death. Just, as they say, IMHO. Oh, no, that's not right. IMO? Well, you know.