Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

03 January 2009

The Pioneers Museum


Another great photo by Pat! This is our beautiful Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum photographed from Tejon Street on Wednesday, December 31st. It's truly one of the most gorgeous buildings in our city. Built in 1903, the Pioneers Museum served as our county courthouse until I believe the 1970's, when it was "decommissioned" and made into a museum. This gracious edifice has always been well-loved and I'm glad it didn't fall into disrepair after it was retired from active duty.

I use its lovely facade and grounds all the time for portrait shoots, but I'm ashamed to say it's been a few years since I've ventured inside the museum's doors! Okay, now I have a new New Year's resolution: drop into the Pioneers Museum soon and check out the latest show (it's about the Gold Rush). That's a great idea to pass the time during my slow season. Thanks Pat!

2 comments:

Hilda said...

It's a magnificent building and its symmetry is wonderful! I'm glad they used it as a museum after it was decommissioned as a courthouse — I think it's perfect for it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely old building, center of civilization for miles and miles back in the day.