Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

28 December 2008

Red Rock Canyon


Red Rock Canyon is an open space project that sits between Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs. By "open space project", I basically mean it's a park that's open to one and all. It's a pretty large area and for most of our city's history it was privately owned. A few years ago the city acquired the land and converted it to public use.

I love going to Red Rock Canyon and I don't get there nearly enough. It's incredibly beautiful and has some great hiking trails ranging from "fluffy" to "pretty darn challenging", so anyone can come and enjoy this great open space. For most of its history, Red Rock Canyon was mined for all kinds of different stone and gravel needs. It gave a lot then and it's still giving a lot now, only in kinder-to-the-environment ways. Every time I go there I see happy people enjoying the great outdoors! We're so lucky to have this lifestyle in Colorado Springs and I try not to take it for granted.

This photo was taken in July of 2007 while I was doing an engagement portrait shoot. I just remember how HOT it was that day! One of the quarries had at some point been filled in to make a large pond, and it looked so inviting on that scorching afternoon. Colorado Springs is such an arid climate -- whenever I see a body of water I have to take a picture of it!

2 comments:

JM Vigil said...

Red Rock has been one of my favorite places for a nature walk / photo shoot since arriving in Colorado Springs just over a year ago. I just can't seem to get enough of it. Looks great in black and white.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Incredibly beautiful is a perfect description and as a black and white it's stunning.